6 Ways Your Private School Can Boost Inquiries from Parents Online
Over the last several years, private schools have been moving away from traditional outbound tactics like television spots, mass email blasts, newspaper ads, brochures, and billboards.
As the marketplace grows more crowded, it’s simply harder to stand out with outbound marketing – and it can be prohibitively expensive, while results are often difficult to track and measure.
Now, just to be clear, we’re not suggesting you do away completely with your traditional marketing tactics!
But we do recommend that private schools consider some of the compelling, relatively low-cost, and measurable ways digital marketing can help them reach more prospective parents online.
Consider the decision-making journey parents may undertake when selecting a school for their child. Here’s one possible sequence:
1. Word-of-mouth recommendation
2. An online search for reviews on your school
3. A visit to your website to confirm reviews
4. A peek through your social media channels
5. Attends campus tour and recruitment presentation
6. Browses through your print brochure
7. Submits follow-up questions online/fills out an application
What’s important to note is that, for many parents, the journey happens BOTH on and offline. So, it’s useful for your school to be strategically present in both traditional and digital mediums.
- Tags: education